Eight drilling rigs were at work in Northeast B.C. this week, according to Rig Locator.
The region's fleet utilization rate is at just 17%, with 39 rigs down. Last year during the same week, 18 rigs were active in the region.
Precision Drilling (6) and Ensign Drilling (2) are the active contractors in the region this week.
- Ensign 40 is drilling for gas for Painted Pony at Montney. Spud was July 23. Ensign 444 is drilling for gas for Saguaro Resources at Laprise Creek. Spud was Aug. 8.
- Precision 533 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Gundy Creek. Spud was Aug. 4.
- Precision 538 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Doe. Spud was Aug. 3.
- Precision 542 is drilling for gas for ARC Resources at Doe. Spud was Aug. 2.
- Precision 544 is drilling for gas for Petronas Canada at Blueberry. Spud was Aug. 7.
- Precision 546 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Town. Spud was July 29.
- Precision 867 is drilling for oil for ConocoPhillips Canada at Inga. Spud was Aug. 3.
Across Western Canada, 150 rigs are working out of 546, for a utilization rate of 27%, and up from 154 rigs last week.
Alberta has 98 rigs working out of 383, for a utilization rate of 26%, and down from 100 rigs last week.
Saskatchewan has 42 rigs working out of 112, the same as last week, for a utilization rate of 38%.
There are two of four rigs active in Manitoba, and none active in Eastern Canada.
At this time last year, there were 228 rigs at work across Canada.
Source: RigLocator (Data from RigLocator is compiled twice daily based on reports from the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors.)
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at email@example.com.