B.C. recorded 538 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, according to health officials. That figure would have been a record high had it happened in early November, but given that, in recent days, the number of new daily cases has steadily risen past 700, and up to 762 yesterday, the figure is a much appreciated reduction. It was not immediately clear how many tests were administered.
Hospitalizations in B.C., however, have risen by eight to 217, with 59 of those people in intensive care units. The vast majority of the 6,929 people who have active infections are self-isolating at home.
One person, a senior, has died, bringing the province's death toll from the disease to 321.
Of the 24,960 people in B.C. who have contracted the virus that spawned a global pandemic, 17,207 are deemed to have recovered.
Health officials are monitoring 9,929 people for signs of infection given that they have had known exposure to identified cases.
The Fraser Health region remains the main hot spot in the province.
The breakdown of new infections by health region is as follows:
• 178 in Vancouver Coastal Health;
• 309 in Fraser Health;
• 12 in Island Health;
• 28 in Interior Health; and
• 11 in Northern Health.
There is one new community outbreak: at an LNG worksite in Kitimat.
There are 54 outbreaks at healthcare facilities, including acute-care facilities or hospitals, and seniors' facilities, including care homes, assisted-living facilites and retirement homes.
The acute-care facilities with outbreaks are at:
• Burnaby Hospital in Burnaby;
• Langley Memorial Hospital in Langley;
• Nanaimo Regional General Hospital in Nanaimo;
• Ridge Meadows Hospital in Maple Ridge;
• Surrey Memorial Hospital in Surrey; and
• Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster.
The 10 active outbreaks at seniors' facilities in the Vancouver Coastal Health region include:
• Arbutus Care Centre in Vancouver;
• Banfield Pavilion, in Vancouver;
• Revera Capilano Care Centre in West Vancouver;
• Columbus Residence in Vancouver;
• Fraserview Intermediate Care Lodge in Richmond;
• Holy Family Hospital in Vancouver;
• Louis Brier Home & Hospital in Vancouver;
• Royal Arch Masonic Home long-term care facility in Vancouver;
• Three Links Care Centre long-term care facility in Vancouver; and
• Windermere Care Centre in Vancouver.
The 31 outbreaks at seniors' facilities in the Fraser Health region include:
• Agassiz Seniors Community in Agassiz;
• Agecare Harmony Court Estates in Burnaby;
• Al Hogg Pavilion in White Rock;
• Amenida Seniors Community in Surrey;
• Belvedere Care Centre in Coquitlam;
• Chartwell Langley Gardens in Langley;
• Cottage-Worthington Pavilion in Abbotsford;
• Dania Home in Burnaby;
• Evergreen Baptist Care Society long-term care facility in White Rock;
• Fellburn Care Centre long-term care facility in Burnaby;
• Finnish Manor in Burnaby;
• Fort Langley Seniors Community in Fort Langley;
• George Derby Centre in Burnaby;
• Good Samaritan Delta View Care Center 2 long-term care facility in Delta;
• Harrison Pointe retirement home in Langley;
• The Harrison at Elim Village in Surrey;
• Hawthorne Seniors Care Community long-term care in Port Coquitlam;
• Hawthorne Seniors Care Community assisted living in Port Coquitlam;
• Hollyrood Manor long-term care home in Maple Ridge;
• Jackman Manor in Langley Township;
• Kiwanis Care Centre in New Westminster;
• Laurel Place long-term care facility in Surrey;
• Menno Home in Abbotsford;
• Northcrest Care Centre in Delta;
• Peace Portal Seniuors Village in Surrey;
• PICS Assisted Living in Surrey;
• Suncreek Village in Surrey;
• Tabor Home in Abbotsford;
• The Residence at Clayton Heights in Surrey;
• The Residence in Mission; and
• White Rock Senior Village in White Rock.
There are two outbreaks at seniors' homes in Northern Health: Peace Villa in Fort St. John, and Rotary Manor Dawson Creek in Dawson Creek.
One outbreak at a seniors' living facility in the Island Health region is at Tsawaayuss-Rainbow Gardens in Port Alberni.
The Interior Health region has three seniors' facility outbreaks, at:
• Hamlets at Westsyde in Kamloops;
• Orchard Manor in Kelowna;
• Sun Pointe Village in Kelowna; and
• Village by the Station in Penticton.