A patient at a Fraser Health-owned rehabilitation facility in Abbotsford has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the health authority announced Friday.
A Fraser Health SWAT team is at Worthington Pavilion and communication with patients and families is underway.
Worthington Pavilion provides rehabilitation and recovery services for patients with musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions so they may safely return home following hospitalization.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at the Worthington Pavilion rehabilitation unit. Fraser Health is working with the staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and taking steps to protect the health of all staff, patients and families.
To prevent transmission of COVID-19, Fraser Health is ensuring staff currently working at the Worthington Pavilion rehabilitation unit will not be working at any other facility.
Fraser Health has implemented the following:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide patient care.
- Visitors have been limited to only essential visitors.
- Staff and patient movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Patient, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and patients.
During this time Fraser Health will have additional presence at the site to take any further actions required.