Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the PRRD has expanded the Evacuation Order area for the West Kiskatinaw River wildfire. The expanded area now includes sparsely populated areas to the west of the existing Evacuation Order area.
The following areas are now included in the Evacuation Order:
- Along Highway 52E between km 220 (Cutbank Dam) and km 195
- Following the Kiskatinaw River west to south of - Bearhole Lake and including Bearhole Lake road to the district of Tumbler Ridge boundary
- North following the Tumbler Ridge boundary to the east side of Highway 52N
- North following Highway 52 N, on the east side of the Highway (Not including the highway) to the northern most intersection of the Moore Road (Approx. Km 33 on Highway 52N)
- West following Halfmoon Creek, Oetata Creek to the Kiskatinaw River to a point of intersection at the Cutbank Dam at Highway 52E
If you are under an Evacuation Order, please leave the area immediately, travel by the safest route to Dawson Creek and register for Emergency Support Services by calling 250-784-4681. Check DriveBC for road conditions. Properties that were previously under Evacuation Order #1 remain under Evacuation Order #2, and there are no changes to the West Kiskatinaw River Evacuation Alert #1 areas.
This Order does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.