The District of Taylor at the Emergency Operations Centre has issued an evacuation alert for the entire district.
The BC Wildfire Service has recommended an evacuation alert as a result of the Stoddart Creek Wildfire.
"Because of the potential danger to life and health, the District of Taylor has issued an Evacuation Alert for all properties in the District of Taylor," officials said late Monday.
- Locate all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (such as insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, personal keep sakes.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons, children, or neighbours if assistance is required.
- Prepare to take pets with you, including pet care items (leash, carrier, food).
- Arrange to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. Fill the gas tanks of your personal vehicles.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres. Additional information about the evacuation will be posted at: www.districtoftaylor.com