Skip to content

Fort St. John ALS Walk raises more than $43,000

Charlie Lake Elementary students led the charge at the Walk to End ALS in Fort St. John on June 2, 2019. The event raised a total of $43,393.
als-walk-fsj-2019
The Walk to End ALS in Fort St. John, June 2, 2019.

Charlie Lake Elementary students led the charge at the Walk to End ALS in Fort St. John on June 2, 2019.

The event raised a total of $43,393.35, and Charlie Lake students, along with school staff, raised just over $12,000 of that amount, with one student, Addison Tolsma, raising more than $2,000 on her own.

Of the funds raised, 60% will go to support patient care for those living with ALS in B.C., while the remaining 40% will go to support the Canadian ALS research program.

“I am inspired and impressed by the community of Fort St. John and how they come together,” said Wendy Toyer, executive director of the ALS Society of BC.

“They’re just really good people. I love coming up there.”

There were more than 200 participants in this year’s walk.

Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at editor@ahnfsj.ca.