The Northern BC Regional Science Fair was able to send five finalists to the Canada Wide Science Fair in Fredericton, New Brunswick, this week, thanks to local sponsorships from Shell, Encana, Arc Resources, SD 60, and the Science Fair Foundation of BC.
The fair takes place May 11 to 17 at the University of New Brunswick. Approximately 8,000 local students will tour the fair during public viewing.
In addition to competing, our finalists are able to experience the local area through special evening events and a tour day.
Students taking part include:
- Emilia Dysterhuis, Grade 7, North Peace Home Educators, Spare Our Air: The Use of Algae Scrubbers in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Hollis Mattson, Grade 7, Devereaux Elementary, Under Water Sound Scape
- Haley Korfmann, Grade 9, Freedom Thinkers, Living With Oil
- Amy Crandall, Grade 12, Dawson Creek Secondary, SPSS Campus, A Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome III
- Kyra Taylor, Grade 12, North Peace Senior Secondary, Keeping the Balance: Using Dietary Adjustments to Balance the pH within the Equine Hind-gut
— Angela Gatt