- North Peace Black Sox baseball teams finished with two top and one second-place showing at the Noah Grant Memorial tournament in Beaverlodge. The combined U-15/U-18 team and under-13 squads took top spot in their divisions while the U-11 finished in second. Dylan Neufeld with the U-15/18 Sox won the home run derby while Jordan Green did the same for the U-13s.
- IMCA Modifieds driver Bill Stewart won all three main events at the Taylor Speedway this weekend. Kerry Rogers took second while Russell Duncan ended up in third in the final night of racing. Devon Beebe was the top driver on the night in Bomber/Sport with Dave Rounds and Jeremy LaFountain placing second and third. And, Richard Hildebrand took the main event in Mini-Stock adults; Swain Hackman and Nichole Hunt were two-three.
- Bo Hedges and Canada's mens wheelchair basketball back on the court Monday at the Commonwealth Games in England. After going 1-and-1 in round robin play, they'll take on New Zealand in quarter-final action. The womens team will play Scotland, also in the quarter-finals Monday. The two squads are hoping to add to the Canadian medal count which stood at 3 gold, 6 silver, and 9 bronze as the games entered their fifth day of competition.
- Laurie Cardinal from Fort St. John placed 26th in the women's division at the Canadian Death Race in Grande Cache, Alta. It was her fifth solo race at CDR. Heat and humidity resulted in a number of competitors not finishing this year's race. Cardinal's time was 23 hours, 20 minutes, and 20.8 seconds, slightly slower than her 2021 time. See full story and unofficial results here.
- And...two Fort St. John teen rugby players have won gold on their respective provincial teams at the Western Canadian Championships in Kelowna. Team BC's under-18 side with Hailey Dutchak beat Alberta 12-7 while Kylie Kalas and the U-16s thumped another Alberta team 38-0. Both Dutchak and Kalas head to Vancouver to take part in a development camp at the University of B.C. this week.
Have a sports story or result to share? Email Dave at: firstname.lastname@example.org