The Peace River Regional District has issued an evacuation alert for three properties on the 240 and 265 Roads due to the ongoing landslide.
Affected properties include:
- 6933 265 Road
- 6963 265 Road
- 9913 240 Road
The regional district says the alert is being issued as a precautionary measure as the landslide continues to progress.
The alert includes a gravel quarry where crews have been ordered to remove stockpile materials to relieve weight loads above the landslide.
Meanwhile, the regional district's emergency operations centre has increased security at the checkpoints in and out of the Old Fort community, with the assitance of RCMP>
The regional district says this is being done as it expects an increase of public traffic in and out of the evacuated area due to the suspension of the temporary access permits.
Be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 1-800-670-7773 or 250-784-3200.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, the Reception Centre at the Pomeroy Sports Centre will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued should the situation change. Updates will be posted at www.prrd.bc.ca.
For more information contact the Peace River Regional District at 1-800-670-7773 or 250-784-3200.