Long-time Peace region resident Sorin Popesku weighed in on the city's decision to assume management of the centre. His wife, Sue, was the founder of the North Peace Cultural Centre and a champion of the arts community.
He had this to say:
"I just heard that our city plans to terminate the North Peace Cultural Society from operating our Cultural Centre.
As a long time resident, taxpayer, regular voter, and widower of the Centre's founder, Sue Popesku, I would like to know the following:
1. Why the secrecy?
2. Should this not be a matter of a referendum?
3. What is the reason for the change?
4. Who will operate the building?
5. What are the costs involved?
6. Who will benefit from this change?"
We’re interested in the community’s feedback on the cultural centre. Please send your letters and comments to reporter Tom Summer at email@example.com, they can be anonymous if you so choose.