Skip to content

Gas leak, carbon monoxide calls keep Charlie Lake firefighters busy

The Charlie Lake fire department responded to two calls on Monday, according to the Peace River Regional District. The department was called out to a gas leak at a building around 3 p.m., with the leak found inside the bathroom.
charlie-lake-fire-hall
Charlie Lake Fire Hall

The Charlie Lake fire department responded to two calls on Monday, according to the Peace River Regional District.

The department was called out to a gas leak at a building around 3 p.m., with the leak found inside the bathroom. The gas was shut off and a window was opened to air out the building. Eight firefighters responded. The location of the incident was not released.

Later, around 6 p.m., the department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm. Firefighters found the cause of the alarm, shut off the gas, and vented out the building. 

Ten firefighters responded, and left when their monitors met a "zero reading." The location of the incident was not released.

Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at editor@ahnfsj.ca.