The Charlie Lake fire department responded to two calls on Monday, according to the Peace River Regional District.
The department was called out to a gas leak at a building around 3 p.m., with the leak found inside the bathroom. The gas was shut off and a window was opened to air out the building. Eight firefighters responded. The location of the incident was not released.
Later, around 6 p.m., the department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm. Firefighters found the cause of the alarm, shut off the gas, and vented out the building.
Ten firefighters responded, and left when their monitors met a "zero reading." The location of the incident was not released.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org.