Sentences handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending April 18, 2019:
Fort St John Law Courts
• Regan Eileen Mackinnon (born 1987) was sentenced to 13 days in jail and handed 12 months of probation for disturbing the peace. Mackinnon was handed 12 months of probation with a suspended sentence for theft $5,000 or under.
• Jonathan Richard Giesbrecht (born 1979) was handed twelve months of probation with a conditional discharge for assault.
• James Phillip Haggard (born 1994) was fined $500 and handed a one-year driving ban for driving with a suspended licence. Haggard was fined another $500 and handed a one-year driving ban for a second charge of driving with a suspended licence. Haggard was handed twelve months of probation for breaching probation.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Robert James McDonald (born 1973) was fined $500 and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
Chetwynd Law Courts
• Hope Kaylah Whitten (born 1998) was handed a one-year probation order with a conditional discharge for assaulting a peace officer.