Sentences and fines from Fort St. John and Dawson Creek provincial courts Aug. 17 to 21, 2020:
Fort St. John
• Leif Yamcharearn (born 1988) was given a six-month conditional sentence, a 12-month probation order, and was ordered to submit a DNA sample for sexual assault, committed in Fort St. John in March 2018.
• Kyle Alexander Hambler (born 1993) was sentenced to 39 days jail, given a 10-year mandatory firearms prohibition, and ordered to submit a DNA sample for two counts of trafficking a controlled substance, committed in Dawson Creek in November 2013 and January 2014. Hambler was also sentenced to 39 days in jail, given a 10-year mandatory firearms ban, and ordered to provide a DNA sample for possession for the purpose of trafficking, committed in Dawson Creek in December 2012.
• Ramandeep Singh Saina (born 1992) was issued a 12-month $500 recognizance after allegation of fear of injury or damage, committed in Fort St. John in March 2019.
• Richard Eric Paquette (born 1959) was fined $2,000, and given an 18-month probation order and two-year driving prohibition for impaired driving, committed in Fort St. John in May 2019.
• Donny Eric Apsassin (born 1976) was fined $750 and given a one-year driving prohibition for driving while prohibted/licence suspended, committed in Charlie Lake in February 2018.
• Sharon Ann Marie Lambert (born 1983) was fined $500 for driving without due care and attention under the Motor Vehicle Act, committed in Fort St. John in February 2018.
• Steven Wayne Grey (born 1975) was given a suspended sentence with one year of probation for possessing a weapon for a dangerous purpose in Dawson Creek in December 2018.
• James Scott Smith (born 1992) was given a conditional discharge and a 15-month probation order for vehicle theft, committed in Dawson Creek in July 2019.
• Christine McKone (born 1979) was fined $500 with a $75 victim surchage, and given a one-year driving prohibition for driving while prohibited/ licence suspended, committed in Dawson Creek in January 2020.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org.