Sentences handed out in Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, and Chetwynd provincial courts for the week ending August 9, 2019.
Fort St. John
• Bryce Peter Bidulka (born 1998) was granted a conditional discharge with a one-year probation order for assault.
• Curtis Jeffrey Bagan (born 1991) was fined $250 for each of two counts of breaching probation.
• Derek John Lalonde (born 1978) was fined $500 for possessing an unauthorized weapon (non-firearm).
• Jeremy Brent Miller (born 1984) was given a suspended sentence with an 18-month probation order for two counts of mischief.
• Charles Richard Calahasen (born 1975) was fined $500, given a one-year driving ban, and assessed a $75 victim surcharged for driving while prohibited/licence suspended.
• Jessica Lorraine Murray (born 1988) was issued a one-year $1,000 peace bond for causing fear of injury or damage.
• Robert James Speir (born 1962) was sentenced to 40 days jail, fined $1,500, given a three-year criminal driving ban, and a one-year probation order for impaired driving. Speir was fined $1,500 and assessed a $225 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
• Colin Michael Tetz (born 1988) was fined $1,000 and given a one-year criminal driving ban for impaired driving.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org.