A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending Dec. 14, 2018.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Joseph Walter Rohrbach (born 1975) was given a one-year probation order for possession of child pornography.
• Edward Myron Gardner (born 1959) was fined $6,000 for failing to comply with an order under the Income Tax Act (ITA).
• Adam John Sparling (born 1977) was fined $2,000, handed a one-year probation order, and assessed a $300 victim surcharge for driving without reasonable consideration.
• Taylor Faye Lepine (born 1993) was given a 90-day conditional sentence and handed a one-year probation order for possession of stolen property over $5,000.
• Gordon Waatse Ganyo (born 1983) was given a suspended sentence with one year of probation, and assessed a $200 victim surcharge for uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm.
• Jerald Andrew Kimmie (born1970) was given a conditional discharge with a one-year probation order, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for assault with a weapon.
• Shawn-Marie Janet Rodger (born 1964) was fined $500, handed a one-year driving ban, and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Jeffrey James McNeal (born 1990) was fined $750, handed a one-year probation order, and assessed a $225 victim surcharge for willfully resisting or obstructing a peace officer. McNeal received the same sentence for a charge of fleeing from a peace officer.
Fort Nelson Law Courts
• Darci Mallory Burke (born 1989) was handed six months of probation with a suspended sentence, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for breaching probation.