Sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending Feb. 22, 2019.
Fort St John Law Courts
• James Arthur Beattie (born 1993) was sentenced to six months in jail, ordered to provide a DNA sample, handed a 10-year mandatory firearms ban, and given 18 months of probation for trafficking a controlled substance.
• Barry Allan McMaster (born 1969) was sentenced to 46 days in jail, ordered to provide a DNA sample, handed a 10-year discretionary firearms ban, and given a one-year probation order for assault with a weapon. McMaster was sentenced another 14 days in jail and a second one-year probation order for assaulting a peace officer. McMaster was handed seven more days in jail and another year of probation for breach of undertaking.
• Jeffrey Allen Olson (born 1974) was sentenced to 45 days in jail, given a one-year probation order, and handed a three-year criminal driving ban for care or control of a vehicle or vessel while impaired. Olson was sentenced to an additional 21 days in jail for driving with a suspended licence.
• Ronald Graham Wright (born 1963) was fined $1,000 and handed a one-year criminal driving ban for care or control of a vehicle or vessel while impaired. Wright was further ordered to pay $650 in restitution for mischief $5,000 or under.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Riley James Boyle (born 1992) was sentenced to 150 days in jail and handed a 24-month probation order for theft of motor vehicle. Boyle was handed another 24 months of probation for possession of stolen property over $5,000. Boyle was ordered to provide a DNA sample and handed another 24-month probation order for possession of stolen property under $5,000. Boyle was sentenced to 14 days in jail for two separate counts of breach of undertaking.
• Braiden Lee Nolan (born 1993) was handed a one-year probation order with a suspended sentence for theft $5,000 or under.