A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending Feb. 8, 2019.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Jacob Mathew Rommann (born 1995) was sentenced to 60 days in jail and handed a 12-month criminal driving ban for failing to stop after an accident. Rommann was sentenced to 45 days in jail for breaching probation.
• Patricia Lynn Bagan (born 1992) was sentenced to a single day in jail for possession of a controlled substance.
• Benjamin Kelvin Neil (born 1995) was given an 18-month probation order, ordered to provide a DNA sample, and handed a five-year discretionary firearms ban for uttering threats to cause bodily death or bodily harm. Neil was given an 18-month probation order and a five-year firearms ban for a charge of common nuisance.
• Sonya Dawn Morgan (born 1967) was handed six months of probation with a suspended sentence for theft $5,000 or under.
• Justin Cody Gibbs (born 1992) was fined $500 and handed a one-year driving ban for driving while prohibited. Gibbs was further fined $500 and handed 12 months of probation, for each of the following charges: fraud $5,000 or under, theft $5,000 or under, and mischief $5,000 or under.
• Talbit Wade Bergmann (born 1982) was handed a 30-day conditional sentence and a 12-month criminal driving ban for care or control of a vehicle or vessel while impaired.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Mckenna Rae Seaby (born 1995) was handed a six-month conditional sentence, ordered to provide a DNA sample, and given 12 months of probation for assault causing bodily harm. Seaby was given a six-month conditional sentence and handed a 12-month probation order for assault.
• Pamela Marie Lambert (born 1982) was fined $500, handed a 12-month driving ban, and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
Chetwynd Law Courts
• Clinton Wayne Asleson (born 1972) was fined $1,000, handed a six-month driving ban, and assessed a $150 victim surcharge for dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
• Lyle James Bremner (born 1980) was fined $2,000 and assessed a $300 victim surcharge for providing false or misleading information.
• Brandon James Cusack (born 1987) was fined $500 and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.