A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending Jan. 4, 2019.
Fort St. John Law Courts
• David Owen Crook (born 1961) was fined $1,000 and handed a one-year driving ban for care or control of vehicle or vessel while impaired.
• Collin Donald Hutchinson (born 1991) received a two-year probation order with a conditional discharge for assault.
• Derek Keith Mannette (born 1976) was handed a one-year probation order with a suspended sentence for assault.
• Rodney Miles Roussel (born 1961) was sentenced to 20 days in jail and handed a one-year probation order for breach of undertaking. Roussel received a second one-year probation order for breaching probation.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Donald Hector Williams (born 1947) was handed a six-month conditional sentence for assault.