A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Peace Region courts for the week ending Jan. 26.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Dallas Jade Schwandt (born 1994) was fined $750, handed a one-year driving ban, and assessed a $112.50 victim surcharge for driving while prohibited.
• Sean Ivan Reynolds (born 1983) was assessed a $100 victim surcharge for assault of a peace officer.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Bryan Michael Santa (born 1965) was sentenced to 112 days in jail, ordered to provide a DNA sample, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for theft of a motor vehicle.
• Trina Lynn Brown (born 1975) was fined $1,000, handed a one-year criminal driving ban, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for care or control of a vehicle while impaired. Brown was further fined $200 and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for uttering threats.
Fort Nelson Law Courts
• Steven Allan Leer (born 1983) was fined $3,000, given a two-year probation order, handed a one-year criminal driving ban, and assessed a $900 victim surcharge for operating a motor vehicle while disqualified.
• Peter Callbreath (born 1963) was fined $2,000, and assessed $300 in victim surcharges for hunting wildlife out of season and unlawful possession of dead wildlife.
• Sheldon Berreault (born 1991) was given a six-month conditional sentence, handed a two-year probation order, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for willfully resisting or obstructing a police officer.
• Marty John Cooper (born 1989) was assessed a $100 victim surcharge for breach of undertaking.