A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending August 3, 2018.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Harvey Knapp (born 1951) was fined $1,500 for a count each of unlawful possession of dead wildlife and knowingly providing false statement.
• Jessica Nadine McIntyre (born 1992) was handed a six-month probation order with a conditional discharge, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for possession of a controlled substance.
• Christopher Julius Staverman (born 1995) was handed twelve months of probation with a conditional discharge, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for breach of recognizance.
• David Christopher Munch (born 1999) was handed six months of probation with a suspended sentence and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for breaching probation.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Sheldon Jeremy Caldwell (born 1971) was sentenced to 36 days in jail, handed a one-year probation order, and assessed a $200 victim surcharge for possession of stolen property over $5,000. Caldwell was sentence to another 36 days in jail, given another one-year probation order, handed a one-year criminal driving ban, and assessed a $200 victim surcharge for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
• Nicholas Alexander Long (born 1984) was sentenced to four days in jail for willfully resisting or obstructing a peace officer. Long was assessed $200 in victim surcharges for breaching probation.
• Tyler Francis Trueman (born 1975) was handed twelve months of probation with a conditional discharge, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for assault.
• Michael David Lazinchuk (born 1958) was fined $500 and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.