Sentences handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending June 7, 2019:
Fort St. John Law Courts
• Dean Rogers (born 1970) was given an 18-month probation order for theft $5,000 or under. Rogers was given an 18-month probation order for uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm.
• Barney Jack Metecheah (born 1970) was given a 120-day conditional sentence, an 18-month probation order, and a 24-month driving ban for being in care or control of a vehicle while impaired.
• Stanley Joseph Himech (born 1963) was sentenced to 30 days jail for operating a motor vehicle while disqualified. Himech was was sentenced to 30 days jail and given a two-year criminal driving ban for failing to provide a sample.
• Frederick Joseph Askoty (born 1958) was sentenced to 14 days jail for driving with a suspended licence.
• Sharon Jean Davis (born 1976) was granted a conditional discharge with one year of probation for breaching probation.
• Donovan Yahey (born 1983) was granted a conditional discharge with one year of probation for breaching probation.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Chase Anthony Schwab (born 1998) was sentenced to 937 days jail and given a 10-year firearms ban for three counts of drug trafficking.
• Freddy Martin Ominayak (born 1985) was fined $500 and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
Chetwynd Law Courts
• Cole Daniel Murray Davis (born 1987) was given a 30-day conditional sentence and a 12-month probation order for assault.
• Cody Lorne Martin (born 1990) was fined $500, given a one-year driving ban, and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
• Kenneth Dean Franklin (born 1959) was fined $300 for breach of probation.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at email@example.com.