A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Peace Region courts for the week ending June 8, 2018.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Joel Jasper Thomas (born 1992) was sentenced to 75 days in jail, handed a 10-year mandatory firearms ban, and ordered to provide a DNA sample for possession with the purpose of trafficking.
• David Jack Whiting (born 1973) was fined $1,250 and assessed a $375 victim surcharge for breach of undertaking.
• Ryan Mathew Ramsden (born 1986) was fined $100 and assessed a $30 victim surcharge for breach of undertaking.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• David Guy Johnson (born 1948) was fined $200, handed a one-year conditional sentence, ordered to provide a DNA sample, handed a two-year probation order, and handed a 10-year sexual offence order to limit contact with children for a count each of sexual interference of a person under 14 and gross indecency.
• Orry Eugene Wickstrand (born 1986) was handed an 18-month probation order and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for theft of a motor vehicle. Wickstrand received a second 18-month probation order and was assessed a $100 victim surcharge for fraud $5,000 or under. Wickstrand was further handed an 18-month driving ban for driving with a suspended licence.
• Melissa Mildred Horseman (born 1982) was handed a two-year probation order with a suspended sentence and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for a count each of theft $5,000 and under, and willfully resisting or obstructing a peace officer, and two counts possession of stolen property under $5,000.
Chetwynd Law Courts
• Kelli Elizabeth Girouard (born 1985) was fined $500, handed a one-year driving ban, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.