Sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending March 15, 2019.
Fort St John Law Courts
• Joseph Alfred Lloyd (born 1989) was sentenced to 30 days in jail and handed a three-year criminal driving ban for care or control of a vehicle or vessel with a blood alcohol level over 0.08. Lloyd was to 15 more days in jail and handed a three-year criminal driving ban on a second charge of care or control of a vehicle or vessel with a blood alcohol level over 0.08. Lloyd was sentenced to five days in jail for driving with a suspended licence.
• Donivin Wallace Layton (born 1998) was sentenced to 18 days in jail and ordered to pay $664.90 in restitution for use of a stolen credit card and possession of stolen property.
• Barbara Leigh Holloway (born 1981) was fined $500 for wilfully resisting or obstructing a peace officer. Holloway was fined an additional $500 for personation with intent to gain advantage.
• Michael Scott McPhee (born 1990) was handed a one-year probation order with a suspended sentence for mischief.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Sheldon Jeremy Caldwell (born 1971) was sentenced to 82 days in jail for possession of a controlled substance. Caldwell was sentenced to 45 days in jail and handed a two-year criminal driving ban for driving while disqualified. Caldwell sentenced to 10 days in jail for possession of stolen property over $5,000.
• Shane Ryan Wiebe (born 1993) was fined $500 and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.
• Justin Michael Allarie (born 1997) was handed 12 months of probation for trespassing at night.