Sentences handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending May 10, 2019:
Fort St John Law Courts
• Jamie Joseph Cormier (born 1991) was sentenced to nine months in jail, ordered to provide a DNA sample, and handed a 10-year mandatory firearms ban for trafficking a controlled substance.
• Brian Horne (born 1955) was fined $200 for theft $5,000 or under.
• David Vaughn Lafleur (born 1994) was fined $1,000 and handed a one-year criminal driving ban for care or control of a vehicle or vessel while impaired.
• Justin Michael Allarie (born 1997) was sentenced to nine days in jail for breaching probation. Allarie was sentenced to another nine days in jail for breach of undertaking.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Riley James Cuthbertson (born 2001) was handed 24 months of probation for assault with a weapon. Cuthbertson was handed 24 months of probation for assault causing bodily harm.
• Todd Brian McLaughlin (born 1971) was sentenced to 14 days in jail, fined $500, and assessed a $75 victim surcharge for driving with a suspended licence.