A summary of sentences and fines handed out in Northeast B.C. courts for the week ending Oct. 5, 2018.
Fort St. John Law Courts
• Bradley Scott Maarhuis (born 1990) was sentenced to two years in jail, handed a three-year probation order, handed a 10-year mandatory firearms ban, ordered to provide a DNA sample, and assessed a $200 victim surcharge for aggravated assault.
• Tyler John Apsassin (born 1981) was sentenced to 45 days in jail and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for breaching probation.
• Troy Lynn Romanow (born 1964) was handed a three-year probation order, handed a 10-year mandatory firearms ban, and assessed a $200 victim surcharge each for a count of trafficking in a controlled substance and possession for the purpose of trafficking.
• Michael James Deady (born 1970) was fined $1,000, handed a one-year criminal driving ban, and assessed a $300 victim surcharge for care or control of a vehicle or vessel while impaired.
Dawson Creek Law Courts
• Lloyd Frances Campbell (born 1986) was sentenced to 48 days jail and assessed $200 in victim surcharges for two counts of breaching an undertaking or recognizance. Campbell was sentenced to time served and assessed a $300 in victim surcharges for three counts of possession of stolen property over $5,000. Campbell was sentenced to time served and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for theft $5,000 or under. Campbell was sentenced to time served and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for operating a motor vehicle while disqualified.
Fort Nelson Law Courts
• Nicholas Chase Tsakoza (born 1997) was handed a one-year probation order with a suspended sentence, and assessed a $100 victim surcharge for mischief $5,000 or under.