Sentences and fines from provincial courts in Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, and Chetwnd for the week ending Sept. 20, 2019:
Fort St. John
• Alexandra Desirae Taylor (born 1994) sentenced to 14 days jail and issue a one-year criminal driving ban for causing an accident resulting in bodily harm.
• Gerald Patrick Yahey (born 1952) was issued a suspended sentence with a nine-month probation order for assault.
• Matthew Victor Ayotte (born 1985) was sentenced to 30 days jail, issued a 10-year firearms ban and one-year probation order for assault. Ayotte was sentenced to 15 days jail, issued a one-year probation order, and issued a one-year driving ban for taking or occupying a vehicle without the owner's consent.
• Ashly Shawn Dick (born 1981) was fined $1,000 and issued a one-year criminal driving ban for impaired driving.
• William Victor Earl Larocque (born 1993) was fined $1,000 and issued a one-year criminal driving ban for impaired driving.
• Malcolm Leonard Francis Badger (born 1999) was issued a suspended sentence with a 10-year firearms ban, a three-year probation order, and an order to provide a DNA sample for break and enter with intent to commit an offence.
• Junior Clifford Jimmy Apsassin (born 1971) was issued a 60-day conditional sentence, fined $1,000, and assessed a $150 victim surcharge for driving while prohibited/licence suspended.
• Shawn Lewis Denman (born 1973) was issued $3,500 in fines and $525 in victim surcharges for discharging a firearm in a no shooting area and re-entering or resuming an activity on a premises under the B.C. Trespass Act, committed in Fort St. John.
• Stacey Eldon Denman (born 1968) was fined $500 plus a $75 victim surcharge for re-entering or resuming an activity on a premises under the B.C. Trespass Act, committed in Fort St. John.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at email@example.com.