This is a list of updates from Northern Health about COVID-19, as well as audio from a teleconference briefing with media on April 3, 2020.
Overview from Dr. Raina Fumerton, Acting Chief MHO:
- 17 lab confirmed cases in northern B.C as of April 2.
- There are cases in all three Health Service Delivery Areas, including the Northeast, Northern Interior, and Northwest.
- Specific communities are not being identified. There are confirmed cases in large and small communities.
- Last check: 5 completely recovered; 5 in acute care systems
- No known deaths related to COVID-19 in NHA
- Over 850 tests from the north, representative across region.
- Many have been linked to travel. Some have been acquired in the community.
- Majority of cases will not be confirmed by lab testing: "Northern B.C. residents should assume COVID-19 could be present anywhere in our community, and plan accordingly."
This is a developing story.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org.