Northern Health has declared an end to the COVID-19 outbreak at Site C.
The outbreak was declared in August, with a total 92 lab-confirmed cases involving separate clusters of virus activity among the workforce, according to Northern Health.
There have been no new cases associated with the outbreak clusters since Sept. 15, and all cases have recovered, the health authority said. The work site continues to be monitored.
"A number of enhanced infection control measures such as mandatory mask wearing, physical distancing on worksites and the use of rapid testing for case and contact management will remain in place at Site C, indefinitely," the health authority said.
Last week, BC Hydro said it will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination from all employees and contractors, including those working at Site C.
More than 6,000 BC Hydro employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by Nov. 22. Consultants and employees of contractors and sub-contractors will be required to be fully vaccinated by Jan. 10, 2022.
As of Tuesday, Oct. 12, there were 1,638 workers reported at the Site C camp outside Fort St. John. There were 17 active cases of COVID-19 reported, with 15 workers isolating at camp and another 28 isolating at home.
There are 2,200 rooms at the work camp, 150 of those available to isolate workers with COVID, or those with symptoms of sneezing, sore throat, muscle aches, headaches, cough fever, or difficulty breathing.
BC Hydro has reported 258 cases among workers since the start of 2021, and 288 cases since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020.
Northern Health declared an outbreak at the site in April. All 56 cases linked to that outbreak recovered.
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org