The Energetic Edge Cheer Association wrapped up its first season with a showcase and awards night on June 8.
Director and Coach Christina Brace said the team has learned a lot in its inaugural season.
"All of our athletes have increased their tumbling skills this year, from cartwheels to roundoffs to back handsprings. They've all improved enormously," she said.
The team travelled to two competitions this season, one to Edmonton for the Alberta Cheerleading Association championship, and the other to Kelowna for the Okanagan Cheerleading Championship.
While the competitions were more of a learning experience, Energetic Edge did win the sportsmanship award at the Kelowna event.
“I was really excited, it was one award I knew we could win,” said Brace.
• Edge Pride Award:Taylor Raworth
• No Fear Award:Kayda Ratcliffe and Hayden Salinas
• Spirit Award: Tashina Bernard and Zara Bedell
• Awesome Attitude Award:Ella Bennett
• Energetic Award: Hannah Earle and Thallis Gessner
• Best Moves Award:Nikki Narciso
• Showmanship Award: Veronika Klimczak
• Determination Award:Maya Robichaud
• Leadership Award:Bryleigh Barnett and Haylie Carroll
• All Star Award: Rylee Oliver and Ashia Bedell
• Dedication Award: Jaylee Eisert
• Versatility Award:Jasmine Shular and Saige Baerg
• Coaches Award:Destiny Buburuz and Claire Livingston
• 110% Award: Aiden Clish and Viktoria Klimczak
• Skyrocket Award:Aleasha Dool and Conor McGarvey
• Jammin’ Jumps Award: Ashlee Lawrence and Hannah Riopel
• Terrific Tumbling Award: Haydn Acko and Lexie Carroll
• First Rate Flyer Award:Paige Buburuz and Laela Thompson
• Boss Base Award: Ashlyn Farrell and Morgan Wightman
• Stupendous Spotter Award: Hailee Wheatley and Eghin Thompson
• Appreciation Award: Madison Sims, Hannah Robertson, Kailey Miranda and Abigail Moore.