The North American Irish Dance Championships were held in Vancouver from July 1 to 5, where dancers from all over the world gathered to compete. The Watt School of Irish Dance had an especially strong showing at the competition this year.
Eighteen dancers from Fort St John qualified for these championships, with 14 of them making the trip to compete. The following dancers made it to the final rounds of the competition, placing as follows:
- Elyse Kemp, 5th place overall U10, 1st in Canada
- Reese Gibbons, 6th place overall U10, 2nd in Canada
- Mélodie Kemp, 7th place overall U13, 3rd in Canada
- Hillary Campbell, 12th place overall U9, 3rd in Canada
- Naia Gibbons, 18th place overall U13, 2nd in Canada
- Kale Dietz, 25th place overall U13, 3rd in Canada
- Emalee Chapple, 35th place overall U15, 5th in Canada
- Eden Pomeroy, 60th place overall U16, 10th in Canada
Ashlyn Bolog, Gillian Jarabek, Kaitlyn Rowe, Haley Korfmann, Mia Hamre, and Lauryn Campbell also had strong displays in their respective age groups.
Jo Watt, Hailey Moore, and Aisling Watt, the teachers from the school, were also very pleased with the results from their Vancouver Watt School branch, where they had a champion in the Over 22 category, as well as nine additional placements.
Submit your community club news and photoso to email@example.com.